Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Altered Balsa Box To Store Re-Inkers

Hi Crafters :)

Today I want to share with you guys how I created this altered balsa box. I didn't record a video on this project since it is soooo easy to make. So here I will walk you through what I did.

1. I covered the outside of the box with paper
2. I mixed Gesso with Cape Cod Coral magicals and paint the inside of this box. The reason I did this is because the white of gesso is too bright and cold. I want to add some warmness to the gesso.
3. I sprayed the inside of the box with some glimmer mists.
4. I gessoed the chipboard flourishes and use chalk ink to color them.
5. I stamped the flourishes with text stamp.
6. I applied embossing liquid on the tip of leaves on the flourishes and embossed them.
7. add the rest of the embellishment.

If you want to know how I altered the letterpress block, here is how I did this.
1. I paint the whole thing with gesso then with Antique Linen Distressed Paint.
2. I collaged Tim Holtz tissue paper on the letter "C" and the back of the block.
3. I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink on every edge you can find on this block  (like around the letter and around the block)
4. I sprayed it with the same glimmer mist I used to spray the box.




Stay Creative <3
Song

No comments:

Post a Comment