Monday, March 17, 2014

Shabby Chic Wall Hanging For TPBP (Start-to-Finish)

Hi guys :)

In this post, I want to share a shabby chic wall hanging I created for The Piece By Piece. This is my second try on a traditional shabby chic style. I did not use any art medium on this project, which is a hard thing to do for me, LOL. 

All the trims and embellishments you see on this project are from The Piece By Piece. If you think these trims are yummy, you are right! hehe, I had so much fun creating this wall hanging and playing with all the beautiful trims.

The flower at the center of this wall hanging is made using trims from TPBP. It's my first shabby chic flower and I think I did a pretty good job. To make this flower, I just took a tutu trim and a crochet trim from TPBP and glued them to the places I want. I also layered them to make the flower more fluffy.

Here is the start-to-finish video:



 I don't have any fabric in hand to make this wall hanging, so I took my duc tape and created a duc tape fabric for the wall hanging base. I did not show how I created the duc tape fabric in the video, because there are many tutorials on how to do this on youtube.

 

Many trims in TPBP can be cut and used individual applique or embellishments. The black leaf trim and the flower trims are perfect for that. I cut out three leaves from the leaf trim and created a little fan shape corner. Then I cut out some flowers from the flower trims to decorate the corners more.

 

I love all the resin and crystal flowers in TPBP. They just adds instant pop of colors and instant beauty to everything.

 

--Shop our Etsy store 
--Like us on Facebook 
--Visit our blog

Stay Creative <3
Song

No comments:

Post a Comment