Thursday, August 21, 2014

Shimmerz Shabby Mixed Media Altered Canvas

Hi Friends: :)

It's Song here today sharing a shabby chic mixed media canvas I created using the very yummy Shimmerz sprays and Inklingz.

I have some tree branches in my craft room and I decided to put them to use. I layered a thick coat of heavy matte gel medium on the canvas to "glue" those branches down. Although it does take a while for all the gel medium to dry, but it totally worth every second. Not only it will make sure the branches are really stuck to the canvas, but also creates those beautiful textures in the background.

The background colors are spritz in color Truffle and 4 Leaf Clover. I cut up some trims and layered the cut out on the branches. I colored the trims a little with some Inklingz Blue My Mind just to add a bit more interest and contrast. After the paint is dried, I added some mulberry flowers and two little Prima resin angel. The flowers are painted using Inklingz Giddy About Green, Beets me, and Tarnished Treasure. To make the little angel look aged, I used Inklingz Burnished Buckle on them. After the paint is dried, the paint will settle into all the details and grooves, adding the aged look.

Here is the tutorial:






Thank you so much for looking <3
Love,
Song :)

No comments:

Post a Comment